1. Cheek squeezes – I’m sure there is a more lovely name for this… Squeeze your gluteus maximus (your butt) together for 10-12 seconds then release. Do as many reps as you want, nobody can see you. This deskercise is cubicle approved.
2. Desk chair abs – Hold on to your desk, suck your belly button into your spine, and swivel side to side. Just keep engaging your core!
3. Under the desk bike – Pedal your way to better calves while you sit at your desk. All you need is an under the desk peddler. Super cheap. Only $26 on Amazon.
4. Toe-taps – Keep your feet moving by tapping your toes under your desk. I’m particularly fond of performing a tap dance worthy of 42nd Street, but regular taps will be just fine.
5. Social butterfly – instead of calling extensions or sending an email, hop up and walk. Visit with your co-workers and walk to their office. Bonus points if they work downstairs.
What are your favorite deskercises?
I'm so pumped you got the desk peddler too!!! Everyone makes fun of me but I love it!
Kristen @ See You In A Porridge says
this is fabulous! i just tried the first 2 haha. i try and get up every half hour or so, i never send emails or call when i can walk over. i need that desk peddler!
Ashley @ The Wandering Weekenders says
I've been trying to walk around the office to talk to people lately, and I feel like it really helps, at least I have a higher step count on my FitBit! That was especially helpful for our step competition at work!
Christine Everyday says
These are awesome tips!!! I am totally going to implement these in my own work life. I'm also pinning this. 🙂
Kate at Green Fashionista says
This is awesome! And I'm not gonna lie – totally just started doing some of these at my desk 😉
Alanna @ Alanna and Company says
I always check in with myself every hour and make myself get up and walk. That desk bike is awesome.
The desk peddler is only $26?!? I am sold! Sitting at a desk ALL day kills me sometimes. I make sure to try to go for a walk over my lunch break. I also have a stability ball to sit on rather than the chair.
Rachel Gault says
That desk peddler looks awesome! I had my desk converted to a standing one (or sit on a high chair), so I'm not sure I'd be able to use it, but I'd definitely use it at my home desk!
It's so great! Best $26 I've ever spent!
Kati Rose @ Constantly Seeking Wonder says
I did not know the desk peddler was a thing, but I totally need it. That's perfect for at work!
Mary S. Hernandez says
Determine the load Rating – customary workplace chairs square measure designed to carry up to 250 pounds. With the exception of specialty massive and tall workplace chairs, with some which will hindrance to 550 pounds, most workplace chairs you may realize on-line will solely hold a most weight of 250 pounds. If your weight needs a specialty chair, it's best to pay the additional cash to urge one otherwise your chair won't be below warrantee and can exponentially increase the possibilities of it breaking a lot of faster.