The Super Bowl is just around the corner, and that means it’s time to start planning the ultimate game day spread. If you’re looking for a fun and easy way to score big with your guests, why not kick off the festivities with a crowd-pleasing classic – pigs in a blanket? Elevate this game-day staple by shaping them into a football, adding a festive twist to your party platter. In this blog post, we’ll guide you through a simple and creative way to turn your pigs in a blanket into a winning treat for your Super Bowl celebration.
- Mini sausages or cocktail franks
- Crescent roll dough (store-bought or homemade)
- Mustard or ketchup for decorating (optional)
- Preheat the Oven: Preheat your oven according to the instructions on the crescent roll dough packaging.
- Prepare the Dough: If you’re using store-bought crescent roll dough, carefully unroll it on a clean surface. If you’re feeling adventurous, you can also make your own dough from scratch. Cut the dough into smaller pieces to wrap around the cocktail franks.
- Wrap the Mini Sausages: Take each mini sausage or cocktail frank and wrap it with a strip of crescent roll dough. Ensure that the dough is tightly wrapped around the sausage, leaving the ends exposed to resemble the ends of a football.
- Bake to perfection: Bake the pigs in a blanket like you normally would – spread out on a cookie sheet. Bake according to the dough instructions.
- Serve with Style: Once the pigs in a blanket are out of the oven and have cooled slightly, transfer them to a serving platter and arrange them in a shape of a football. If desired, you can add a decorative touch by using mustard or ketchup to create lines on the football laces.
- Enjoy the Game! Your adorable and delicious “pigskins in a blanket” are ready to be devoured. Watch as your guests cheer for both the game and these delightful treats during your Super Bowl party!
With this simple and fun twist on pigs in a blanket, you’re sure to score a touchdown with your guests at your Super Bowl celebration. This creative snack is not only easy to make but also adds a festive flair to your game day spread. So, gather your friends, put on your team colors, and get ready to enjoy a winning combination of football and flavor!