Valentine’s Day is just around the corner, and what better way to celebrate than by creating adorable and personalized Valentine cards for your toddler’s classmates? In this blog post, we’ll explore a fun DIY project that involves small cards, plastic animals, yarn, and a heart-hole punch.
- Small cards (I used these from Amazon)
- Little plastic animals
- Yarn in assorted colors (I totally used leftover Christmas yarn to save money)
- Heart-shaped hole punch
- Marker or pen
- Optional: Enthusiastic toddler ready to help!
- Prepare the Cards: Start by gathering the small cards you purchased. These can come in various colors and designs, providing a perfect canvas for your creative venture.
- Punch Heart Shapes: Use the heart-shaped hole punch to punch two small holes on each side of the card.
- Attach Plastic Animals: Choose the plastic animals that will accompany each card. Cut a piece of yarn, thread it through the holes, and tie it securely in the back. This will fasten the plastic animal to the card, creating a charming 3D effect.
- Add a Personalized Message: A fun and pun-filled idea is to include a zoo-themed saying. For instance, I went with “I’m so glad to have a friend like zoo!”
- Sign from Your Child: Don’t forget to have your child sign each card. This adds an extra layer of warmth and authenticity to the valentines. If they can’t write, obviously, you can do it for them.
- Spread the Love: Once the cards are complete, your toddler will have a unique Valentine to share with their classmates. The added bonus? Each friend will receive a mini plastic animal toy, making this a memorable and enjoyable exchange.
Crafting animal-themed Valentine’s cards with your toddler is not only a delightful way to celebrate the season of love but also an opportunity to foster creativity and connection. These DIY valentines are sure to bring smiles to the faces of your toddler’s classmates, creating cherished memories for everyone involved. So, gather your materials, unleash your imagination, and have a roaring good time creating these adorable Valentine cards!