Halloween is right around the corner so here are three super easy, kid-friendly snacks to enjoy either as a family or to make for a kid-friendly Halloween party.
This year we are throwing a “Benny’s Not So Scary Halloween” party for our 18-month-old and his friends. The guests range from 1-month-olds to 4-year-olds and their parents so we have an array of activities and snacks at this party. Here are three snacks I am definitely serving.
Three Kid-Friendly Halloween Snacks
Ingredients: Green apples, peanut butter, edible eyes, strawberries, and chopped nuts of your choosing (I used chopped pecans)
1. Take an apple corer and slicer and cut your apple into slices.
2. In each slice, make a slit from one corner to the other of the slice without completely slicing in half.
3. Slice a top off of a few strawberries and then slice them length-wise so you have slices that are like half a centimeter thick. You don’t have to get too scientific with this.
3. Fill the slit in the apple slice with peanut butter. This will create your mouth.
4. Use peanut butter to attach the edible eyeballs to the apple.
5. Add chopped nuts to the edges of the peanut butter-filled slice for your “teeth.”
6. Add a slice of strawberry in the middle of the peanut butter for a tongue.
Ingredients: Cuties mandarin oranges, celery sticks
1. Peel the cuties and set them aside.
2. Slice the celery length-wise and then into small little half-inch pieces.
3. Put a celery piece in the top of each peeled mandarin to make a pumpkin shape.
Ingredients: Bananas, regular chocolate chips, mini chocolate chips
1. Peel several bananas and slice them in half horizontally.
2. Add two mini chocolate chips for the eyes.
3. Add one regular-sized chocolate chip for the mouth.