The main purpose of Helen G. Bailey is to help you look like you have it together, even when you do not. These stuffed skull appetizers are going to make you look like such a Pinterest-mom, but are really so simple to put together. In this post, I’m sharing how I made these buffalo chicken, spinach artichoke, and pepperoni stuffed skulls. These are awesome for a Halloween-themed dinner party, or family movie night, and they also work great as an appetizer for your Halloween party.
I have gotten my money’s worth from this Nordic Skull Pan. I’ve used it for two years now on multiple projects and it is one of my favorite Halloween purchases. I feel like I should call that out here because it is the key player in this project.
In this pan, I made these little skull appetizers stuffed with buffalo chicken dip, spinach artichoke dip, and a pepperoni calzone situation. I didn’t make any of these dips! You are welcome to if you like, but I am all about making things that are easy and quick. So I picked up pre-made buffalo chicken dip and spinach artichoke dip from my grocery store to save a TON of time.
Ingredients and Items:
- Nordic Skull Cakelet Pan
- 2 Rolls of Pizza Crust
- Cooking spray
- Sliced Pepperoni
- Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
- Pre-made Buffalo Chicken Dip
- Pre-made Spinach Artichoke Dip
- First, spray the pan with cooking spray to prevent sticking.
- Unroll your pizza crust and slice it into six pieces. Press each piece into the skull opening and press against the sides of the skull.
- Fill your skulls with the desired ingredients. For the pepperoni calzone skull, I did pepperoni, then cheese, then a few more pepperonis to create a layered effect. I used a few large soup spoonfuls of the dips in each skull.
- Fold the sides of the dough to cover the ingredients, then add an extra piece of dough to the back and pinch the openings closed.
- Bake in the oven according to your dough package.
- Remove from the oven and allow them to cool before removing them from the pan. The pan gets hot and it’s hard to get them out without burning your fingers. It’s also ok if a little of the insides leaked from the rolls. It gives it a little spooky vibe.
- Enjoy some delicious, cheesy, melty goodness. Seriously, all three of these were SO yummy!