There has been a lot going on. I feel terrible that I’ve gotten behind in my posts, but seriously just a lot happening in my house lately.
If you’ve missed my posts, don’t forget that Stephen and I started a podcast! We are officially on Apple and Spotify and have three episodes live right now! New episodes are released every Tuesday. So far, we’ve been able to keep up with that lol.
Before life got crazy, I had lots of Halloween content planned. October is my favorite month, and I really wanted to do it big. So I’m doing it big for the last week. My bad.
Anyway, today I want to share these super cute pumpkins my mom made. She let me take pictures and share them in a blog post so thanks mom!! I am not totally sure where she got the original idea so credit to wherever that is.
These pumpkins are simple, but so pretty and unique. My mom is so crafty and I’m always so impressed with everything she does. Seriously, you should see her furniture.
To create these pumpkins, you will need:
-Small white pumpkins from your local patch
-2-ply cocktail napkins with fun prints
-Metallic Gold Paint
1. Peel the layers apart of the napkin. Sometimes it’s easy, sometimes it’s not depending on the napkin. They really have two layers. I didn’t believe it either, and this step is important.
2. Cut the pieces of the pattern that are interesting and make sure they are small enough to lie flat and not bumpy on the pumpkin.
3. Place the napkin pieces on the pumpkin one at a time and place a layer of Modge Podge with a sponge brush on top of the napkin.
4. Once all the pieces are applied, let the pumpkin dry. Mom placed them on top of a solo cup to completely dry so they wouldn’t stick to the newspaper.
5. Apply another of Modge Podge to the whole pumpkin if needed. Don’t go overboard though.
6. Paint the stems of the pumpkin with your metallic gold paint.
7. Arrange your new pumpkins attractively in your house.
What’s your favorite holiday?
Using Mod Podge and adding on leaves or magazine clippings or papers of some sort is super creative, as well as doing those intricate designs. I love these pumpkins and how festive they are!
These look great! When I first saw the photo, I thought your mom used fabric, but using napkins is genius! What a great way to get a lot of different looks!
This is such an awesome DIY, I am loving all of the designs and different ways of decorating them!
cute & little
Indya | TheSmallAdventurer says
Ooh, I love the pink one! I’m not a huge fan of many “fall” colours, so I love anyone who squeezes pink into every season!
Summer @ Coffee With Summer says
Those look too fun! I haven’t done any kind of crafting for decor in years and I miss it! Love how creative this is, Helen. 🙂
Oooh these are so pretty!! And a great way to make pumpkins last longer!!
Wow! These look so amazing! Thanks for sharing these with us… I might have to have a go at this next Halloween now 🙂