Happy Monday! I lost my voice this weekend big time. I can’t decide if it’s pollen or a cold, but I don’t feel good and can’t make a lot of noise. My voice is not something you wanted to hear on a YouTube video. Luckily recipe videos don’t require talking so that’s what we’re doing today.
Easter is this weekend, and you just can’t have Easter lunch without deviled eggs. I love them! Today, I’m sharing a fun twist on the classic dish. This video features spicy jalapeño deviled eggs. These puppies are spicy so be prepared for that. If you want to to tone down the spice, I would recommend not coating the egg whites and just focusing on the filling. Also, you can add more mayonnaise if you make your filling too spicy to begin with.
Traditionally, you don’t coat the egg whites in a deviled egg dish but sometimes traditional is boring. So check out the video below and the instructions even further below that!
-10 Hard-Boiled Eggs
-1/4 Cup Light Mayonnaise
-1/2 Teaspoon of Paprika
-2 Teaspoons of salt
-1/2 Teaspoon pepper
-1 Teaspoon of Hot Sauce
-1 Teaspoon of Worcestershire Sauce
-Jalapeños for serving
-2 Cooked Crispy Bacon Slices
1. Place eggs in a saucepan with a lid, pour in water to cover, bring to a boil, and remove from the heat. Cover and let stand for 10 to 12 minutes. Remove eggs from hot water and let cool. Peel the eggs.
2. Slice the eggs into halves lengthwise.
3. Place the egg yolks, mayonnaise, paprika, 1 tsp of salt, pepper, 1/2 teaspoon of hot sauce and 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce in a mixing bowl. Combine until smooth with a hand mixer.
4. In a mixing bowl, combine the remaining 1/2 teaspoons of hot and Worcestershire sauce, and remaining 1 tsp of salt. Place the egg whites in this mixture and gently toss. Seriously–handle with care.
5. Fill a Ziploc bag with the yolk mixture, cut the corner off, and place 2 tablespoons of the filling into each half of the egg white. You can also be less fancy and use a spoon. Either way gets the job done.
6. Garnish the eggs with with a slice of jalapeño and crumbles of crispy bacon.
Do you love deviled eggs? What’s your favorite Easter dish?
These might be the trick to my husband liking deviled eggs! I’m always up for a new savory deviled egg recipe. I cannot stand sweet deviled eggs…jalapeno is nowhere near sweet. Thanks!
Kait Rubin says
Ooh yum! I am always looking for fun new ways to dress up deviled eggs, and the jalapeno and bacon here just sound delicious.
My husband loves deviled eggs! I know he’ll like this version. I think I’ll make them for Easter.
Aarika Chilson says
I adore deviled eggs, and I never thought to add jalapeno. Brilliant idea!
Monica Delmonico says
I love deviled eggs and spicy food, so this combination sounds AMAZING! Saving this for my next summer picnic!
stayingafloat blog says
These sound great Hel! We love deviled eggs so will definitely be trying this spin on our next batch! Thanks for sharing.
Keating | Mainely Keating says
My husband and I are obsessed with deviled eggs! I’m not big on anything hot and spicy, but he really likes jalapenos so I’ll have to try this out for him.
Love deviled eggs! What a tasty spin on a classic.
Rachel@The Confused Millennial says
mmm this is such a fun spin on a classic! I can’t tell you the last time i had deviled eggs and need to try my hand at these!
Life of Creed says
Yum!! Nice, spicy twist on the deviled eggs. I’ll have to give this recipe a try.