To be honest, today’s post is a little light but super fun. I’m a crazy person. I’m trying to get ready to leave town for Charleston Fashion Week (which includes a lot of outfit planning), I have a big fun project right when I get back from CFW (which requires organizational planning), not to mention I have to go to actual work. Needless to say, today we’re talking about Netflix.
I consider myself a Netflix connoisseur. I am well-versed in the current Netflix selection. Quite honestly, there are so many excellent shows and movies to choose from right now. So for today, I’m focusing on lesser-known Rom Coms. Obviously, I love me some How to Lose a Guy in 10 days, but I wanted to focus on some maybe you haven’t seen.
Here are my favesss.
1. When We First Met – This is my current favorite. It is a Netflix special has Adam DeVine (who is Bumper from Pitch Perfect.) He meets his dream girl at a Halloween party and serves as her best friend, however he’s really in love with her. The night of her engagement party to another man, he discovers a way to travel back in time and attempts to win her over. It’s hilarious and I just love, love, love this movie. I watch it ALL the time.
2. Drinking Buddies – This one has kind of an indie-vibe too, but it has some big ringers like Anna Kendrick. Olivia Wilde, and Jake Johnson. Basically two co-workers are both dating other people, but they’re kind of best friends who are also attracted to each other. They just kind of ignore it though. Anyways it’s cute, I like it.
3. Sleeping With Other People – This was a recommendation from my brother. I doooo typically ignore recommendations from him because his taste is interesting, but I really loved this movie. It stars Jason Sudeikis and Alison Brie. Basically, they have a one night stand, and then 12 years later run into each other and decide to be friends. I love this one too. It’s very very funny!
4. I Give It A Year – This one stars Rose Byrne. A man and a woman get married way to fast and the perfect marriage they envisioned unravels very quickly. It sounds bad, but it’s very good.
5. Playing It Cool – This one stars Chris Evans and Michelle Monaghan. He’s working on a script for a romantic movie, but is bad at love. Then he meets her and falls in love, butttt she’s engaged to someone else. It’s very cute too.
Alright, those are my picks for this light blog post on a Monday.
What are you loving on Netflix right now??