Valentine’s Day is coming! Do you have plans?? We’re pretty low-key in our house, so we usually stay in, make dinner, and watch a movie–especially if it’s a weeknight. Then we plan to do something a little out of the ordinary a few days later to avoid the crowds.
Whatever we end up doing, we keep it casual. So this adorable red sweater is PERFECT for a Valentine’s date night with the hubbs. I threw it over a pair of dark wash jeggings, added fun shoes and this ADORABLE white circle bag. Seriously, how cute is this?? I promise you will see this bag several times on the blog. Fun fact: it’s only $54.
So where am I wearing this casual yet adorable Valentine’s look? Well that’s where the second part of this post comes in. How about a list of fun date night ideas? We haven’t picked one yet, but hopefully this list will inspire me too!
- Go to the drive-in (or make your own if you don’t have one in your town).
- Make a fort and watch your favorite childhood movies.
- Drive out of the city so you can see the stars
- Plan your next vacation.
- Go to a new restaurant.
- Visit your favorite restaurant. (Hello Tijuana Garage. I miss you.)
- Have a dance party.
- Try something new–for us I really want to go to Bad Axe Throwing in Atlanta.
- Make s’mores on your stove.
- Hike (insert mountain closest to you here).
- Do a project together.
- Take up a new hobby.
- Bake cookies.
- Go to (insert restaurant you really want to try and haven’t yet.)
- Try a new brand/flavor of wine/beer.
- Have a chopped cooking competition.
- Do a local touristy thing
- Go to a brewery.
- Take a day trip to (or insert your college town/town where you met here) and go to your favorite restaurants.
- Have a progressive dinner- drinks and appetizers at one restaurant, dinner at another and dessert at another.
- Have a board game night. (P.S. This is our new thing while we watch tv and it’s so fun.)
- Have a Chrome cast game night. (Did you know you can play games on Chrome Cast?? They’re fun too!)
- Have a late night living room fondue picnic. (Not advisable if you have fur-babies)
- Take a cooking class. We did this over the summer and had SO much fun.
- Do each other’s favorite things–even if you don’t love it. It’s nice to show interest in each other’s passions.
What are you doing for Valentine’s Day?? Any big plans?