Halloween is on a Tuesday this year. Womp, womp am I right? It won’t be that bad. If we look on the bright side, that means we get to start wearing our costumes this weekend for all the parties.
Most offices will allow you to wear some kind of costume on actual Halloween. My office in particular has a costume contest every year and I know of several others that do too. While I go all out for my weekend party costumes, I feel a little weird about showing up to work in full costume. I also do not get up early enough to even dream about pulling off any kind of Halloween masterpiece before work.
So today, I’m sharing what I will be wearing to the office next week for Halloween. It is SUPER simple, cute, and can just be worn with whatever you were already planning on wearing to work. BONUS: it’s totally appropriate so you won’t be “that girl” at the office. Nobody likes being talked about in the break room.
We all love Snapchat, yes? I created this look to become the “butterfly crown” filter. This filter kind of exploded over the past year or so, mostly because the Kardashians never take a snap without it, but whatever. This look is super simple to pull off and most people will get the reference.
Here’s my quick tutorial:
- Create your crown. I actually bought mine at one of the pop-up Halloween shops. However the elastic was black and I didn’t like that. So I stopped by Target and purchased some gold pipe cleaners. I wrapped them around all the black elastic so you couldn’t see it and the whole crown is gold. If you don’t magically find a butterfly crown, it could easily be made from gold elastic and butterflies like these. Save for later.
- Foundation. So the point of the butterfly filter is to make you look flawless. To achieve this (or as close to it as possible, I’m a human not a filter after all), I use L’Oreal Infallible Total Cover Foundation. I love this product. I use it to cover up any imperfection, dark spot, pimple or mosquito bite. I applied this to my whole face and neck with a beauty blender.
- Cover those under eyes. Since the filter doesn’t have under eyes, and I very clearly do… I use Dr. Brandt No More Baggage gel followed by Maybelline Instant Age Rewind.
- Create Glam Eyes. I used Physician’s Formula Shimmer Strips eye shadow to create this. I love this palette because it’s SUPER pigmented and super shimmery. Then I used NYX white eyeliner on my water line, and Pixi gold liner on top of my lash line and underneath my bottom lashes. Finally, I loaded up the Thick and Fast Mascara.
- Get a pretty glow. Obviously this filter makes you glowy, so I started with Physicians Formula Butter Bronzer and applied it to my whole face. Then I used my favorite Anastasia Beverly Hills Contour Kit to severely contour my cheeks, chin and forehead. I use the color “Fawn” for this. This filter makes your face look slimmer, and contour is going to help achieve that. I used the color banana to go over my nose, under eyes (again trying to remove them completely), forehead and cupid’s bow. Finally, I use as much highlighter as I want (and I want a lot) from my Anastasia Beverly Hills Nicole Guerriero Glow Kit. I used it on my cheeks, nose, corner of my eyes, whatever. Cake it on.
- Add a little sparkle. Desperate times call for desperate measures, but I added a little glitter I picked up from the craft section to my forehead and hair with lash glue lol. It actually worked great, but I’m sure there is something more official you could use.
- Finishing touches. Put on your crown and swipe on a little Sexy Mother Pucker, and you are good to go!
What is your favorite easy Halloween costume?
Cara Owens-Kindly Unspoken says
You look so beautiful! I absolutely adore that crown as I’m semi-obsessed with butterflies! Love that this can be worn for day or night.
Lily Ayala says
Love, love, love all of the glitter and the crown. So cute and easy — a total win!
Beauty With Lily
Oh to Be a Muse says
Oh yea, I can totally see the butterfly crown filter here. That’s a super cute Halloween costume. If there are a lot of young people in your office then they should totally get it.
Cute idea! Such a pretty crown and you have beautiful hair!!
Larissa Joassaint says
Haha love this idea! I would have never thought to be a filter, and there’s so many great ones to choose from as well!
Patricia Conte says
Very cute, and oh-so work appropriate! Adorable!
In Saitama says
Oh wow – you are allowed wear costumes to work. That is so awesome. Definitely can’t do that hear in Japan: well actually foreigners might get away with it in a school or selected workplaces, but definitely not in a big conglomerate. Thankfully, I work from home. 🙂
G&D Blog says
You look amazing here. Still on fleek for halloween. I would love to wear that butterfly crown at work. Looks perfect for my bald head. 😀
-Gerome of G&D Blog
Tara Liston Fuller says
loooove that crown! so darn cute and an easy look to pull off!
Michele Dawn says
This is great! I am currently searching for an easy Halloween costume. Now… if I could just get long beautiful blonde hair like you.
Rachel@The Confused Millennial says
ahh i love this! You NAILED the snapchat filter!
Lisa Roe says
Great idea for Halloween costume that wouldn’t be annoying at work and would be appropriate for the office I work at, the children would love it.
Jasmine Maria says
This is so cute. I love it.
This is SO cute and so pretty! Totally perfect for the day/at work!
Marissa Pedersen says
Pretty look! I love the “glam eyes” you did in this look.
Taylor Smith says
Oh that’s super creative and fun! I love it!!
Tatyanna Picou-Baptiste says
This is so cute and looks so easy to wear for a work day without feeling overdressed.