I didn’t do a Wedding Planning Wednesday last week because I was overwhelmed. I get really stressed out over really stupid things, like what day the bridal luncheon should be and should my invitations be flat or raised panel. Not to mention, every time I log onto The Knot, the first thing that pops up is “Helen, have you done your hair trial?” “Helen, have you ordered your rehearsal dinner invitations?” Too much pressure, The Knot, too much.
So today, I’m sharing my favorite stress relievers.
1. Stress balls. Luckily when you go to bridal expos, they hand out stress balls in bulk. I have them in my office, in my purse, in my car, everywhere. It just feels good to squeeze something when you can’t squeeze the people that are stressing you out.
2. Exercise. So I posted a little over-dramatic post yesterday about cheat meals, but in reality, exercising has been the best thing for me. You are always one workout away from a good mood. P.S. today I officially lost 20 pounds, so that’s a big stress reliever too!
3. Call your mom. My poor mom could have made over a million dollars in therapy from this wedding if she were a psychiatrist. Bless her heart, but I love her and couldn’t do this without her.
4. Take a nap. Sometimes the world is overwhelming and you just need to check out for a bit with a nap. Most of the time, being tired has a lot to do with stress, so a 30 minute nap might be just the medicine you need.
5. Do something fun on your ta-da list. Instead of doing something awful you keep putting off, do something fun instead. Go shopping for your shower dress, play on Etsy for fun ideas for a hashtag board, etc.
What stress relievers work for you?