Happy New Year! It’s hard to believe it is 2016! I feel like we were just ringing in 2015 and making those resolutions! Since this is my first post of 2016, here are the things I do every new year. New Year, New Me…right?
– Write 2015 on everything for at least four to five months.
– Take down all of my Christmas decor and cry.
– Leave all my Christmas presents on the floor, counter, bed, etc. for at least a week and really admire them… that and I’m too lazy to put them away. I usually get them put away before I go back to work.
– Eat black-eyed peas for good luck and immediately regret it because they’re gross.
– Be entirely motivated to change my life, but be too tired from my New Year’s Eve festivities to get off the couch for two days. My resolutions usually kick in around the Jan. 3.
– Come up with a lot of lists: goals, resolutions, grocery, ta-da’s, etc.
– Diet and work out for a few months before falling off the wagon around my birthday, jumping back on again around July, just to fall off in September. I usually end up weighing the same in Dec. as I did the previous Dec. and start all over again in Jan.
– Get really really emotional about going back to work. I’m talking tears.
What do you do every New Year?
Alanna @ Alanna and Company says
I am not happy about this being the first of many Mondays in 2016…I need to write out my goals today too!
Kristen @ See You In A Porridge says
i have never had black eyed peas. haha. i had a really low key NYE so i was thankfully not too tired (read: hungover, thus wanting mcdonalds and a coke) to start my resolutions (no fast food or soft drink lol).
Kaelene Spence says
Oh man, I was near tears as well before having to go back to work ha. And black eyed peas, I am with you, they are just not good!
Amanda - Voyage of the MeeMee says
LOL I do the same things with my Christmas gifts!
Taking down the decorations makes me so sad 🙁
Life with Lolo says
I'm the same way with presents. The BF finally yelled at me to put them away this weekend, but they were out and thrown all over the house for as long as I could stand. I'm the same way with the health resolutions too – here's to sticking with it all year long! Fingers crossed!
Being Leanna says
I too leave my presents out for a week or two after Christmas. Obviously it's to admire them and has absolutely nothing to do with the fact that i'm either too lazy to put them away or have no idea where to put my new goodies.