I am on a trivia team. We play every Tuesday night and our name is “Cranial Flatulence.” It means brain fart… we think we’re funny.
I might be the least qualified person ever to be on a trivia team. The only thing I might be less qualified for is blogging, but they let me do that too, so I’m not worried. Honestly, I’m just on the team for the social aspect, but there are some people who are in it to win it. They threaten our host, get really angry if their points are off by one, and RUN to get their answers turned in on time.
I am not one of these people. I am actually the worst person to have on a trivia team. Here’s why:
– I don’t know why they yell science. After the host says the category “Science” everyone yells after him “SCIENCE.” I have no idea why they do this or what the reference is…and I’m too embarrassed to ask at this point and don’t care enough to look it up.
– I also don’t remember anything from science class. Every time we have a science question I get really frustrated because I remember learning about it, I remember kind of which semester I learned it, but no details.
– When I know the answer, I shout it out. I get really excited when I actually know something, but you aren’t supposed to do that because then everyone knows the answer…
– I laugh at everyone else’s team names. I love half time and final question because I get to hear the other team names from the night. I usually crack up laughing. Both times.
– I’ve never seen Star Trek and know next to nothing about Star Wars. Apparently these are vital cinema snacks you must know backwards and forwards if you want to be good at trivia.
– I’m usually late. Sorry guys.
– I sing every song in between questions. Our host has killer taste in music, can you blame me?
– I never look up the free answer ahead of time. There is a website that gives you the free answer to the first question after half time. I never remember to look it up…
– I don’t have a category. Everyone on my team has their category where they excel. We have the pop culture guy, the music guy, the science guy, the history and geography couple, the sports guy, the random fact girl, etc. I don’t have a category…
Why do they keep me on the team, you may ask? I’ve narrowed it down to two reasons. Number One: I share my fried pickles. Number two: I have been a pinch hitter for a couple of key questions, mostly pertaining to 90’s rap lyrics, Disney Movies, and Honey Boo Boo’s real name.